If you have not added any programs on your BaseStation 1000, refer to Adding a Program in the BaseManager Online Help, or refer to Setting Up Programs in the BaseStation 1000 User Manual.
Watch a short video about Enabling Weather-Based Watering for a Program on a BaseStation 1000.
- Perform one of the following options:
In BaseManager, make sure that the BaseStation 1000 controller on which you want to configure a program is displayed in the BaseManager footer. To select a different controller, click the Menu icon in the upper-left corner of the BaseManager page, and then click Sites and Controllers. Continue drilling down until you can select the desired controller.
Make sure that you have a weather-station assigned to this controller. Refer to Assigning a Weather Station to an Irrigation Controller.
Click the Programs tab. The programs on the controller are shown in the list.
Click the program that you want to configure for WeatherAccess. The Program details page displays.
Click Edit in the lower-right corner of the page.
Click the Enable Weather-based Watering box to add a check mark. Notice that the weather icon displays in the Runtime column and the field is grey and no longer allows user input. The runtime is a calculated value based on the zone settings and the weather station data.
- If you have a new BaseStation 1000 irrigation controller, skip to step 2.
- If you are converting an installed BaseStation 1000 irrigation controller to WeatherAccess, update your controller to the latest firmware version. Refer to Updating the Firmware through BaseManager.
Note: To learn more about the possible values that display in the Runtime field, refer to the Conditions that Affect the Runtime for Weather-based Watering.
- If you want to use calculated cycle and soak time values based on the hydrozone settings, click the drop-down arrow in the Cycle Type field and select Zone Soak Cycles. In the rows for the zones, click the icon add the calculated cycle and soak time values into the fields.
Note: When you enable WeatherAccess in BaseManager, you will see that the Enable/Disable ET option is selected (enabled) in the Program Setup menu on the BaseStation 1000 controller.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page.